Sunday, April 15, 2012

Confessions

Confession #1:  I'm not always right.  (Shocking, isn't it?)  :)  This will be seen in the following confessions.

Confession #2:  Apparently, I was wrong when I said that spring was here.  We had a large storm sweep through this weekend complete with snow, rain, wind, and much colder temperatures.  It snowed on Friday night and most of Saturday, creating the overall effect of a wintry January day.  Our wood stove, which I had previously thought was retired for the season, is back in business.

Confession#3:  Remember when I said that I could think of about 1,000 things to make with our very own backyard eggs?  I may have exaggerated just a little.  Or quite a bit.  Our hens have started to really kick into action, and since we have 29 of them, we're getting almost 2 dozen eggs every day.  That's a lot of eggs, I can tell you.  And now we're scrambling (Haha, did you like that?) to find ways to use them up!

Confession #4:  Well, this isn't really a confession; I just didn't want to break the trend.  I have a little bit of exciting news I wanted to tell you!  Yesterday we finally got the baby goats on a schedule of bottle-feeding only two times a day, once at 6am and once at 6pm.  That means Friday night was the first night in over a month that we haven't had to get up in the middle of the night to feed goats. (That's as long as you consider 4am the middle of the night, which I do.) Well, I should say the first night in over a month that Isaac didn't have to get up to feed goats.  There were several nights that I didn't go with him.  Anyway, that is so exciting for us!  We get to enjoy this wonderful reprieve for almost a whole month before Bess gives birth, and then we have to start all over again.  I'm not going to think about that quite yet though; I'm just going to enjoy the present!

Confession #5:  I didn't have any pictures to go with this post.  Sorry!  Maybe next post...

Confession #6:  The last confession made me think of this:  I've been meaning to do a post for a long time with pictures of Isaac milking Betty, but I haven't gotten around to it.  Maybe that will be my next post.  Now don't hold me to that!  I'm just saying it might be a possibility.  :)

~Kiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!