Thursday, December 2, 2010

Healthy Hot Chocolate

You may or may not know that I am a huge fan of hot chocolate.  And, now that the winter season is here once again, I've been wishing for some.  However, I had just one little problem.  I've been eating healthy, and hot chocolate is not exactly what you would call healthy.

My mom, in an effort to help me, pulled out an old recipe from high school for healthy hot chocolate.  I tried it, and it is delicious!  So, in my ecstasy, I have decided to share this recipe with you.  I must warn you, it's not as sweet as hot chocolate from the packet, but I really enjoyed it and it completely satisfied my craving for a warm chocolate drink.

Sugar Free Hot Chocolate
(1 serving)

1 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. stevia extract powder (I'm sure you can use any sweetener you prefer, but we had stevia so that's what we used.)
dash of salt
1/8 c. or 2 Tbsp. water
1 c. milk

Mix cocoa, stevia, and salt.  Add water and mix until smooth.  Add milk and heat.  If heating on the stove, do not boil.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!