Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's finally fall here!

Fall sets in a little later here than in most places, but it is definitely underway now.  The maple trees are mostly yellow and red, the cottonwoods have lost all their leaves, and it's been growing colder day by day.  Where has this year gone?  It seems like it was just a couple of months ago that we that we were still living in  our old house waiting on God to move us.  Time is flying by so fast for me, and it's scary and thrilling at the same time because I'm realizing that I'm not going to be a young girl much longer.

Our fireplace is getting almost daily use.  We've never had one before, resulting in our making a fire as soon as the temperature drops below sixty degrees.  :)  Really though, we've been enjoying it tremendously.  I just love the warmth and the glow and the all around ambiance of it.

For the past couple of days I've been doing a lot of research.  Research, that is, on my family ancestry.  Daniel, from Daniel and Friends, wrote a post speaking of how he had been getting into genealogies, and he gave some links to some sites.  That was all it took for me.  I got started, and the whole thing has been rather consuming.  I just love this sort of thing!  When I find some important piece of information that helps me connect some piece of the puzzle, it feels like I've just opened a treasure chest full of jewels.  So far I've been able to trace as far back as 1709!  You may be thinking right now that I'm very strange, and you're probably right.  I really don't understand why, but I find so much enjoyment in tracking down my family's heritage.  (If you're interested in this sort of thing a good site to start on is www.rootsweb.ancestry.com.)

In Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!