Thursday, October 21, 2010

God's Providence in the Lives of Two Men

Last Sunday, an amazing thing happened as we were driving home from church.  We were on the interstate, going about 75 miles per hour, when we passed a blue pick-up truck that was hauling quite a lot of wood.  It looked the people in it had been woodcutting, because they had chainsaws and all that wood in the back of their truck.  Approximately 5-10 seconds after we had passed them, my Dad yelled out, "Oh my goodness, that guy just flipped his truck!"  We pulled over, and then backed up to the scene of the accident.  Meanwhile, my mom was calling 911, and I was sitting in my seat praying.

When my dad and brother got out of our van to check out the situation, a couple was just getting into their vehicle and driving away, and there were two Mexican men standing there talking.  After walking up to them, my Dad realized that those were the men that had just been in pick-up truck that rolled over!  By God's providence, the truck had landed in the perfect position to let the two men climb out unharmed.  I think one of the men had bumped his head, but other than that, they were both uninjured.

My Dad, in amazement, said to them, "Do you realize that God just saved your life?"  He  prayed for them both, and then gave them each a gospel tract.  The first sentence of this particular gospel tract read, "If you died today, do you know where you'd go?"  How appropriate, given their situation.  They were, I'm sure, thinking about death, it having just come so close to them.  Pretty much right after that, we left, praying for these men that they would see their sins for what they are, and God for who He is, and that they would turn from their sins and trust in Christ to save them.


1 comment:

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!