Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boggle!

Today we played Boggle.  If you're not familiar with it, it's a word game in which you search for words in 3 minutes and then compare your words with everyone else and count up your points.  I'm sort of a word game junkie, so this game just happens to be my favorite of all games.  Yes, I guess you could say I am addicted to it!  :)



 The game is played by searching for words.  You can only make words with connecting letters.  For instance, in the picture below, I could make the word grit because the g touches the r, and the r touches the i (diagonally), and the i touches the t.  However, I could not make the word bath because although the b touches the a, and the a touches the t, I would have to skip over the b to get from the t to the h.  I hope I'm making sense.  :)  Also, I wouldn't be able to make the word barren because I would have to use the r twice, which is not allowed.

In the game, you are only allowed to make four letter words and up.  Names, foreign words, proper nouns, and proper adjectives are prohibited.

In three minutes, I can find 16 words in the picture below.  How many can you find?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!