Monday, September 13, 2010

Plantar Warts ..... and Duct Tape?!?!


Duct tape. They say it can fix anything. Is this true? My answer would have to be: I have no idea. But I do know of one thing it can fix. And that is plantar warts.

A plantar wart is caused by a virus and forms on the sole of the foot or the palm of the hand. Now, I won't disgust you by posting pictures of these things. If you're into gross pictures then you can go look it up yourself. They really are pretty nasty.

To get to the point, I had a plantar wart. I got one on my hand. I wore duct tape on it for 10 weeks. Now it is gone. That's the story in short form.

I know that this is kind of a gross subject, but I really wanted to share this "medicinal tip" that I learned from my own experience with people. Because, although it takes quite a bit of time, it is a pain-free and much less expensive way to remove plantar warts than say, burning, freezing, or surgically removing.

So, if you have a plantar wart, I would strongly encourage you to use duct tape before you try anything else. Here are just a couple of tips if you're going to use duct tape on a plantar wart:

  • Wear the duct tape at all times possible. When I did it, the only time that I did not have duct tape on my hand was when I was in the shower or washing dishes.
  • Try not to change your piece of duct tape very often. It is a little bit difficult when the wart is on your hand, but it is best to leave the same piece of duct tape on for as long as possible.
  • In my experience, I found that DUCK brand duct tape works best. It seemed to stick to my skin better and heal the wart faster.
  • Every couple of weeks or so, you can scrape off or cut off the white, dead skin around the wart. I know it's pretty disgusting, but this seemed to help mine to heal faster.
Well, that's my gross, but extremely helpful tip of the day. I just really wanted to share this because it so helped me. (Call me a wuss, but I was deathly afraid of having my wart frozen or burned or cut out. I don't deal with pain very well.) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!