Monday, August 31, 2009

Did someone say cookies?

I don't know if anyone who reads my blog (if anyone indeed reads my blog at all) likes cookies, but I do! I love cookies! And a week or so ago, a lady at our church gave me a new cookie recipe!

Now you have to understand that this lady is the cookie Queen at our church. She literally makes the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever tasted! So she gave me a recipe for Brown Sugar cookies. They are totally scrumptious, so I thought I'd share the recipe. Here it is! Enjoy!

P.S. Don't be alarmed that the recipe calls for 4 sticks of butter. It makes A LOT of cookies, so if you want sort of a normal sized batch you can just go ahead and half the recipe.


Brown Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups butter (softened)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix in flour. Roll walnut size balls in cinnamon and sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about three inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will be soft.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh-hooooo!! Those look sooo yummy!! I'm going to have to try that recipe. I think the awesome thing about the recipe is that it has pretty much everything we'd normally have in the pantry and fridge.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    --Lissie

    Ps. If you say "Cookie Queen" then..I REALLY got to try this recipe!! I might even make them today..or maybe this Saturday. Saturday cookies always taste better because you don't have to worry about doing school and chores first..and then baking the cookies. Haha. You can bake the cookies and let your mind be pre-occupied on your book you were reading or something :DDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are probably one of the best cookies I've ever tasted in my life! I made some just the other day. I hope you enjoy them!

    ~Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE cookies! Yum! Those cookies think amazing! I am going to have to try those! I am going to print the recipe once I am done making this comment! Yumo! (hope Yumo is spelt right.....I am not the best speller in the world. :) )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!