Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Daddy's Birthday Surprise

My precious Daddy turned forty-five last month, and to celebrate, we gave him a surprise! Our family is pretty close and we don't ever keep secrets from each other, so this was really a challenge for us, me especially.  We did it though in the end, and he was very surprised and happy!

I won't explain to you how we did, (because it was very complicated) but we ended up getting him on an island on a beautiful lake and surprised him with his gift-- a canoe!  We ended up spending the afternoon canoeing around the island with my Uncle Tim, Aunt Kris, and cousin Mariah who brought their canoe as well.  Afterward, we went home and had hamburgers, watermelon, and brownies. 


Daddy before he had discovered the surprise (it was on the other side of the island).


Can you guess?  Yes, he just saw it.


The surprise


Can you believe how gorgeous this lake is?!?!


Uncle Tim, Aunt Kris, and Mariah in their canoe.


Us in our canoe.





The other side of the lake, with very different scenery.


~Kiah

5 comments:

  1. Wow that was a super duper surprise! I bet he was really happy... I love the photo with the scenery on the other side of the lake - so lush and gorgeous! Great post, Kiah!

    -Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful day and I feel privileged to have been a part of it. Wanted to add that the picture in the weeds and trees was when we scared up a deer that was napping by the waterside. Sure doesn't fit the typical Arizona desert scene! Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just nominated you for the "Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award". <3 The rules are on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That must have been a great birthday for your dad! That trip had to be amazing!:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! As you leave them, please keep in mind Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Thank you!